My name is Olivier Janssens, early adopter and Bitcoin millionaire. The Bitcoin foundation has had its role in the last 2 years. Unfortunately, it is internally recreating the same archaic political system that fails to work for society. Bitcoin is the currency of the internet generation. It puts the power back into the hands of the people. You cannot expect its main representative organisation to be exactly the opposite: A non-transparent, political and secretive elite. We have been trying to push the BF for transparency and clear communication for years, without result. Meanwhile they started creating even more political structures inside, such as committees, which can only be accessed by knowing the right people. At the bitcoin 2014 conference, organised by this same organisation, I expected to see full internet participation + live streaming of their events. Especially of the BF member meeting, where they are supposed to get input from their members and disclose what they have been up to. Instead, the board decided that the event is not to be recorded or broadcasted. We have also no idea or say on how our money is spent. Half of their board gets elected by industry members (a group of about 100 companies), and recently lead to another extremely controversial election of Brock Pierce, which has a history of being connected to cases involving fraud and pedophilia. This needs to stop.
We as an internet community, don’t need public figures to decide what’s good for us. We need to stop politicking and start focussing on the projects directly. For example, we need a project to fund the core development of bitcoin, and put our money straight to that. We need a project to have lobbyists in Washington, to fight the anti-bitcoin lobbyists from Mastercard, and to prevent the government from destroying the currency. Basically, we don’t need another intermediary. We can do this ourselves. Therefor, I want to announce today that I am organising a contest and giving $100k USD in BTC, to the group that can come up with the best platform to make this happen. I am thinking of a system where prominent people can voice their opinion, where people can propose projects, and where the core devs can actively show their roadmap with detailed features + costs, and where we can vote on the features being implemented by sending bitcoins towards the feature of our choice. This will allow the core dev team to expand by being able to add/pay more devs for feature requests which are fully funded. Maybe we can even evolve to a system later where anyone can work on a feature, which, when programmed properly (approved by the core team), will receive the bounty. The same applies to lobbyists, we just send bitcoins towards the one that we consider the most competent for the job. This will allow Bitcoin to grow and expand at a rate it deserves, a rate that a political organisation such as the foundation can never accomplish.
Let’s liberate bitcoin.
Rules of the contest:
- Anyone can participate
- Software will be open sourced
- I will cover the initial hosting costs, until it can be self funded and created as a DAO
- Reddit community can help by voting on the platform submissions they like the most
- Ultimately I will decide who wins, but I will take all votes and feedback into account
- Deadline for submissions is 1 month from now: 17 june 2014 at 12:00 UTC
: Thanks for all your great feedback, ideas and private messages. I will provide an update here very soon. UPDATE 2
: Please email your submissions to [email protected]
- You can also add me on twitter to follow updates more easily: @olivierjanss - The deadline of 17th of june still stands, but we do not require a finished product. The bounty will be given to the team with the best idea/skills to make it happen (partial payments until it is completed). If you just have an idea, but no programmers, you are still free to submit it. If it turns out to be the best one, we will help find a team for you. We understand many of you do not want to make your idea public at this point. If there are multiple really good submissions we will only put them up to vote after you give permission. Please note that if people submitted the same idea, we will go with the one who submitted it first. UPDATE 3
: The winner has been announced here: http://www.reddit.com/Bitcoin/comments/29n8o0/100000_bounty_winner_announcement/
Posted by Olivier Janssens. Twitter: @olivierjanss https://twitter.com/olivierjanss
My name is Olivier Janssens, 35 years old, currently living in Monaco. I am running for a board seat because I think having the Bitcoin Foundation in control of core development is dangerous. Core development should be without any political influence. This was the main reason why I also started the $100k USD bounty http://www.reddit.com/Bitcoin/comments/25sf4f/100000_bounty_for_software_platform_that_can/
which yielded Lighthouse as the winner http://www.reddit.com/Bitcoin/comments/29n8o0/
. Lighthouse makes it possible to crowdfund bitcoin core dev through the community. Mike will release it in a couple of weeks, and I will immediately make $50,000 USD available for core dev on the platform.
What do I think the Bitcoin Foundation should be doing? Besides becoming fully transparent and broadcasting all of its board meetings live (with time for Q&A from the audience), it should also have a clear public agenda. That agenda should should always have at its core a) more decentralization b) creating positive Bitcoin awareness and c) removing any control over Bitcoin from the Bitcoin Foundation. It would consist of the following items and goals:
- Creating global bitcoin awareness and incentivising programs to do so. We should research the most effective ways to promote awareness and test them via trial and error. One idea is for us to mobilize networks of volunteers to create awareness in local neighbourhoods. By making a map of the area and plotting businesses, we can make sure every store and restaurant is visited and informed about Bitcoin. This can be done in combination with providers (such as Bitpay) to provide a monetary incentive. I would also recommend that every time you make a payment somewhere, that you request to pay in Bitcoin. This should be done consistently. Even if the answer is negative, it will create a demand and make vendors aware of the need. There are many more proposals I can suggest in this regard, but you get the idea.
- Pointing people in the right direction on how to fund core development. The Bitcoin Foundation should make everyone aware of the need to support the core devs, and suggest the most efficient ways to do so. The Bitcoin Foundation should at no point have core development under its control or exert any direct influence over it. This could be done by creating awareness about platforms such as Lighthouse and any other method the Foundation in good faith believes would help development. The developers, who are currently funded by the Foundation, should be moved to a stable, decentralized platform. Transfer to such a platform should only be done once it exists and has been adequately tested. The community should get full control over what they want to fund in core development.
- Guarding and protecting the core principles of Bitcoin: 21 million BTC supply limit, decentralized. anonymity, etc. The core principles important to Bitcoin should be articulated clearly together with the reasons why they matter. These core principles should be defended at all costs. These are the pillars of Bitcoin.
- Involving you in all of the above.
Some of my personal values and beliefs: I am a libertarian and voluntaryist at heart. My goal is to create a world that is decentralized and exists as a free society. http://mises.org/library/state-or-private-law-society
In my spare time I work on projects that are related to this. I’m also an entrepreneur and investor. I put my money where my mouth is for things I believe in. For example, I donated $10k to protonmail and $12k to liberty.me I was one of the first people to take a private flight paid for in Bitcoin (I got the company to start accepting Bitcoin). http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-millionaire-olivier-janssens-private-jet-privatefly/
This created a lot of awareness in high society magazines and attracted investors. I’m also one of the victims of MtGox’s demise, and have been working behind the scenes in the last year to find the ones responsible and bring them to justice. I've spent close to 100k USD in legal costs and translations to keep the public aware and provided crucial information to the police. http://www.mtgoxrecovery.com/ http://blog.mtgoxrecovery.com/
We are getting close to solving it.
I'm the type of guy that normally works in the background and exerts my positive influence from there. You can expect me to protect your interests and, most importantly, the interests of Bitcoin. I believe Bitcoin is the greatest invention since the internet, and have been an early adopter and miner since 2010.
Hope to get your support :)
Edit: Link to the BTF forum version https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/1186-candidate-olivier-janssens/
Edit2: Contact info: Twitter https://twitter.com/olivierjanss
Email: oj at protonmail.ch
Posted by Olivier Janssens. Twitter: @olivierjanss Hi All, My name is Olivier Janssens, 35 years old, currently living in … Press J to jump to the feed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Log in sign up. User account menu. 70. I'm Olivier Janssens running for Bitcoin Foundation Board - AMA :) Close. 70. Posted by 5 years ago. Archived. I'm Olivier Janssens ... Bitcoin-crash kryptowährung fällt unter 5000 us-dollar. Calculate potential profit of trade forex.….. Read more. Zeit online arbeit. Streben nach Exzellenz. Kryptowährungen kurse 2017. Forex trading iq option pdf. Online fx 991 Rechner. Trader en bitcoin. Grundpreis bei namecheap bitcoin bitcoin. Coinbase kryptowährungen….. Read more. Wieviel bitcoins gibt 4 terra hasees. Geld ... Olivier Janssens was elected a board member of the Bitcoin Foundation just last month. In his report, posted on both the Bitcoin Foundation forum and Reddit , Janssens has made some bold claims ... Twidell noted that the purchase puts Janssens in a rare category as “one of the world’s first private jet customers” to pay in bitcoin, and the first to go public regarding the purchase. Bitcoin : Olivier Janssens: Coinex now accepts BCH and more importantly SV deposits and will automatically split your coins for you. Olivier Janssens: Coinex now accepts BCH and more importantly SV deposits and will automatically split
Many People believe that bitcoin price is going to $10,000, or even $100,000. What happens if it doesnt? Can it still survive. Bitcoinist.net is the ultimate review site for the crypto currency community! We are delivering weekly news bits videos. If we can get our hands on miners we... 2018 for bitcoin wasn’t something we expected, but there is the reason why it happened what it happened. Bitcoin was in the bubble in 2017, it skyrocketed by 1,800% reaching its all time high ... In this video I talk about how Olivier Janssens, a bitcoin millionaire has donated $100,000 dollars to open source bitcoin projects. I discuss the 2 projects out of hundreds that he selected and I ... Im heutigen Video sprechen wir über die Aussagen von Willy Woo, der davon ausgeht das der Bitcoin $50000 USD bis 2022 erreichen wird. Außerdem sehen wir uns an wie viele BTC verloren sind und ...